Wednesday, December 8, 2021 – Our athletes and coaches are doing well at the Junior World Championships! They’ve all been hard at it since December 3, when competition got underway. There are some big matches today! We’re proud of all our athletes and wish everyone good luck!
Here’s an update of where things sit.
18 & U
- Juliette Parent won her first match in the medal round and will play in her quarterfinal Thursday.
- Nathan Jauvin also won his first medal round match, where he upset the 6th seed in the bracket. Nathan plays his quarterfinal Thursday.
- Nathan and Chris Pocsai play their first medal round doubles match on Friday.
16 & U
- Tamara Wilscam is ranked 3rd in the medal round and had a bye. She plays her first medal round match today.
- Ofelia Wilscam did not advance in the medal round after her round of 16 match.
- Ofelia and Tamara have two more matches left in pool play in doubles. The top four advance to the medal round.
- Christian Pocsai plays his first medal round match today.
14 & U
- Chloé Jauvin also has one more pool play match left. Only 8 advance to the medal round and Chloé had won two of three so far.
- Raphael Guillemette won his round of 16 match, upsetting the 6th seed. He plays his quarterfinal match today.
- Asher Pocsai did not advance from the round of 16 in the medal round.
- Raphael and Asher have one more pool play doubles match left. The top four advance to the medal round.